I had leftover evaporated milk this week and decided to make Lychee Milk Pudding based on this recipe which I have modified. I do not have a food processor (YET) to puree the lychees unfortunately, so I just popped whole ones into the mold. I omitted the eggs + butter and I also used less sugar, and the result tastes great in spite of my arbitrary adjustments.
LYCHEE MILK PUDDING
1 can Evaporated Milk
1 can Lychee in Syrup Water
2 cups Water
1 packet Gelatin/Agar-agar Powder
6 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Separate lychees from the syrup water and set aside.
2. Add gelatin/agar-agar powder and sugar to syrup water, evaporated milk and water. Set to boil.
3. Add vanilla extract and blend well.
4. Put one lychee fruit into individual molds or ramekins.
5. Pour gelatin/milk/syrup liquid into molds and set to cool for 10 minutes before chilling in refrigerator.
Canned Lychees in Syrup