Who hasn’t seen or heard of the movie Black Swan yet? In case you missed the Oscars recently, it was nominated in multiple categories at the 83rd Academy Awards and walked away bagging the Best Actress in a Leading Role award for Natalie Portman. It’s funny that everyone I spoke to about the movie had only one word to consistently describe the film: disturbing. Personally, I thought the film was pretty good and Natalie Portman definitely delivered a great performance. Disturbing? Yeah, I think so too. But frankly I was more fascinated by the gorgeous costumes she wore, more than anything else. With all the buzz associated with the film, we are sure to be seeing lots of black feathers motif this year.
1. AX Paris Feather Brooch Chiffon Dress, 2. Lightness/Substance Pen and Ink Drawing by Cloudery, 3. Twisted and Shredded Shoulder Casablanca Shoulder Bag, 4. Luxury Retro Black Feather Necklace, 5. Black Loop and Feather Fascinator, 6. Angelina Jolie in January 2011 issue of Vanity Fair Spain
1. Gothica Night Eyes Long Feather Earrings, 2. 2011 Feathers Calendar, 3. Tickle Your Fancy Notecard, 4. ASOS Rare Tie Back Feather Shoulder Dress, 5. Lanvin Ostrich Feather Fitted Skirt, 6. Black Marabou Slippers
1. Jason Wu Fall 2011, 2. Issey Miyake, 3. Makeup Forever “Michelle” Feather Eyelashes, 4.Black Feather Jewel Brooch, 5. Luxury Ostrich Feathers Evening Bag, 6. Wings Tattoo
1. Alice + Olivia Black Plume-Embellished Tank Dress, 2. Midnight Natural Feather Earrings, 3. Black Feather Short Strapless Glam Cocktail Dress, 4. Black Feather Rhinestone Fascinator, 5. Pixi Set of 3 Bevelled Plaques, 6. Black Velvet Pillow
1. Romantic Feather Wreath, 2. Loose Black Goose Nagorie Feathers, 3. Yigal Azrouel Fall 2011, 4. Black Leather and Gunmetal Chain Feather Necklace, 5. McBerry One Shoulder Lace Feather Dress, 6. Silk Feather Headband with Silver Embroidery Detail
What do you think of the black feathers trend? Sexy? Funky? Goth? Mysterious? Playful? Creepy? Chic? Fun? Elegant? Naughty? I know it’s still many months away, but I’m toying with the idea of dressing up as Nina’s Black Swan for Halloween. Pretty sure I’m not the only one thinking of this, we’ll see. :p