*WOOT* I’m excited that international fashion brand and online retailer Whole9Yards has launched Try Before Buy service! The Try Before Buy Campaign provides convenience to shoppers and confidence of the apparels where shoppers get to select up to 3 outfits of their choice and sent to them to try first before they make any the decision to purchase them. If any of the outfits do not fit the shopper, they can return them for free via courier service, Ta-Q-bin without any fee.
This is fantastic because I buy stuff online all the time and when it comes to clothes or shoes, I know that it can be tricky when it comes to sizing and how the items fit. Is this service really that convenient? I took it out for a spin.
How does it work exactly?
1. Go onto the label’s online store and select up to 3 outfits that catches you eye which you can try before buying.
2. You will have to use your Paypal account to go through this service. The amount of the selected outfits will not be deducted, but will be put on hold.
3. The 3 outfits will then be sent to you, along with a return package guide.
4. Once you have tried the outfit(s), you can decide which outfit(s) you’ll like to purchase/return.
5. In the return package guide, there is a Ta-Q-bin return slip where you can return unsuitable outfit(s) conveniently.
6. Once Whole9Yards received the return package, only the amount for the purchased outfit(s) will be deducted. – however for you, you’ll get to keep one of the outfit of your choice, as a token of our appreciation.
Sounds pretty straight forward and easy enough. So I began browsing at the online store and shortlisted these three items below.
The next day I received my package and looked through its content. I was so surprised that it arrived so quickly. Along with the clothes I’ve ordered, there’s also a convenient folder that contains instructions, as well as return form, address slip and shipping bag. Whole9Yards has thought of everything.
After trying out the stuff I ordered, I found that the pants were too large for me even though it was a size S. The t-shirt was not bad, it was comfortable and made of thick good quality cotton but I’m not sure about the crop… I felt like it should sit a little above my belly button. I did like the cardigan a lot and I think the print is cute, so I decided to keep this and returned the rest.
Returning the items was easy peasy. Before the 5 days were over, I called Ta-Q-bin to arrange for someone to come collect them. And that was that, done. Whole9Yards has made it a piece of cake for the return process, no need to stand in line at the post office to buy a bubble envelope, etc. It saved me A LOT OF HASSLE and that’s what I like.
I wish ALL online retailers in Singapore do this! In the US, we have 30-day exchange/return policy on majority of things we buy (both offline and online) and I really miss that. I am thrilled that Whole9Yards has offered this Try Before Buy service to consumers – I believe it’s the first and only in Singapore – as it truly makes the entire shopping experience so much more convenient and enjoyable.
Whole9Yards is an international fashion brand headquartered in Singapore and they are opening their first flagship store in the heart of Orchard Road really soon. The brand encapsulates lasting sophistication and elegance. It creates timeless pieces combining romantic and delicate looks of the past with contemporary styling and fit to appeal to the modern woman. Vintage is at the core of Whole9Yards’ design, and each collection tells a story from a different era, mirroring both old and new worlds. http://www.whole9yards.com